Image Entertainment Inc. is bringing out a 10-volume collection of Charlie Chaplin’s films on LaserDisc.The series, entitled “Chaplin: A Legacy of Laughter,” will include 17 films, dating back to 1918. The deal is with Fox Video, which distributes product from CBS/Fox Video. The price is $ 69.98 per volume. According to David Shepard, a film historian at USC, the package includes film footage from Chaplin’s film vaults and documents detailing production notes and script changes from his archives. Patrick Cousans, director of product development at Image, oversaw the clean-up and arrangement of new material in the set. The first films, starting with “Modern Times,” will be released in November.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut