Five finalists have been selected in the 1992 Samuel Goldwyn Writing Awards competition from a field of over 100 entrants from nine U. of California campuses.The finalists are Sue Bergin for “The Principle,” Pamela Gray for “The Blouse Man,” Donna Kuyper for “Valadon,” Regina Fletcher Sadono for “Snakebite” and Sasha Stone for “Indulgences.” Judging the final entries will be producers Saul Zaentz, Debra Hill and writer-director David Ward. The $ 5,000 first prize, $ 2,500 second prize and $ 1,000 third prize will be awarded at a Nov. 2 ceremony at UCLA’s James West Center. Past honorees of the award — established in 1955 by the late Samuel Goldwyn — include Francis Ford Coppola, Colin Higgins, Garry Michael White, Eric Roth and Mary Allison Anders.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut