The Freedom of Expression network will sponsor a panel discussion on free-speech issues and a discussion with the filmmakers of “Damned in the USA” on Oct. 21 at 7 p.m. at the Writers Guild Theater in Beverly Hills.The event, titled “Artistic License: Can You Shout Fire in a Crowded Theater? ,” will also include excerpts from “Damned.” The discussion will be moderated by journalist Warren Olney. Participants include: Wanda Coleman, L.A. Times Magazine contributing editor; Linda Williams, author of “Hard Core: Power, Pleasure and the ‘Frenzy’ of the Visible”; Ron Hampton, director of national affairs for the National Black Police Assn.; Ed Donnerstein, professor of communications at UC Santa Barbara; and Father Ellwood Kaiser.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut