Twentieth Century Fox has acquired the rights to Mike Werb’s spec script “Hamlet,” a comedy caper about a pig to be produced by Larry Brezner.Sources say Fox doled out $ 250,000 against $ 500,000 for the property, which also drew bids from Imagine Films, New Line and Highlight Communications as well as interest from Cinergi, Disney, Columbia and Universal. “Hamlet” is a cute, smart piglet, who works sniffing out drugs for a crooked cop and winds up being adopted by an Orange County couple who run a fancy restaurant. Werb’s writing credits include “Curious George,” in development at Imagine, and “Face Off,” sold to Joel Silver and Warner Bros. The “Hamlet” deal was engineered by Triad Artists’ agents Todd Harris, Pat Dollard and Bayard Maybank.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut