Librarian of Congress James Billington will add 25 films to the historic National Film Registry list at a press conference Dec. 3 in the Library’s Mary Pickford Theater.Seventy-five pix already have been included on the Registry, a select group recognized for being American cultural treasures. The National Film Registry was created by Congress as a way of recognizing film as an art form. Legislation was passed during the recently concluded session of Congress that also makes the Library of Congress responsible for a study of film preservation efforts throughout the United States.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut