It’s no surprise that Mexico’s hottest film, “Como Agua Para Chocolate,” has been picked by the Mexican Academy as that country’s entry for the upcoming 1993 Academy Awards.The pic is directed by Alfonso Arau, stars Marco Leonardi, Lumi Cavazos and Regina Torne and is adapted from Laura Esquivel’s novel. It is produced by Cinema Chocolate, a subsidiary of Arau Films Internacional, and the Mexican Institute of Cinematografica. The film has already received 10 Los Arieles (Mexico’s version of the Oscar) during the Mexican Academy Awards held earlier this year. Those included best picture, director, actor, actress and screenplay. Although Miramax will release it in the U.S. early next year, it is being distributed outside of Mexico and North America by Pandora Cinema.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut