Footage of Ginger Rogers dancing with the late Fred Astaire has been nixed from the upcoming Dec. 30 CBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center Honors.Deletion was made by producer George Stevens after Robyn Astaire, widow of the late hoofer, notified the Eye web that “she did not want the footage used,” per a CBS representative. There were also unconfirmed reports that Robyn Astaire was seeking compensation for use of the footage. Rogers was one of six entertainment industry figures honored Dec. 6 by the Kennedy Center for lifetime achievement in the performing arts. The other honorees were choreographer Paul Taylor, actors Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, cellist Mstislav Rostropovich and jazz musician Lionel Hampton.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut