American Multi-Cinema Inc. announced yesterday the formation of The AMC Entertainment Motion Picture Group, a division designed to expand the 1,579 -screen circuit’s presence in international distribution and movie production.In forming the unit, AMC named its former international president Robert L. Friedman to an identical post at newly hatched Motion Picture Group. Motion Picture Group president Friedman will be based in Century City and report directly to AMC chairman Stanley H. Durwood. AMC’s Durwood said in a statement that formation of the unit is believed to mesh with the company’s publicly stated plan to add 3,000 screens overseas over the next 10 years. Before joining AMC, Friedman was president of distribution for Columbia Pictures and senior veepee of marketing and distribution for United Artists.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut