The Permanent Charities Committee of the Entertainment Industries yesterday won a temporary restraining order barring several publishers from soliciting listings and advertisements for “The Entertainment Industry Sourcebook” under the guise that monies raised were going to PCC.The suit, filed Monday in the California Central District Court, charges that the book’s publishers have sent out letters soliciting money for the book, which reportedly has never been published. In the letter, the publishers contend that some of the monies raised for the book will be donated to PCC, which PCC officials say is untrue. Those named as defendants in PCC’s suit are RH Group Inc., Spectrum Group Intl. Ltd., Meridian Asset Management, Teammac Inc., the Entertainment Industry Charities Foundation, Philip J. Horowitz, George Eggleston and Ron Morgenstern.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania