Walt Disney Co. chairman Michael Eisner says the company will build in Tokyo an ocean-themed park first planned for Long Beach.“California’s business climate has gone from sunny to chilly,” Eisner said in a Wednesday-night speech to the World Affairs Council at the Disneyland Hotel. He did not provide details of the DisneySea project in Japan. Tokyo already has a Disneyland park. Eisner focused largely on Disney’s plans for a $ 3 billion expansion in Anaheim. Last week, the City of Anaheim released a 2,300-page draft environmental-impact report on the project. Plans call for a World’s Fair-type theme park to be built in Disneyland’s 110-acre parking lot. Eisner said Disney’s proposal would generate almost 28,000 jobs.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut