Program suppliers and indie TV stations have asked federal appelate Judge Richard Posner to reconsider a decision not to recuse himself from a case involving the Federal Communications Commission’s financial interest and syndication rules.The Coalition to Preserve the Fin-Syn Rules, the Assn. of Independent Television Stations and the Arizona Consumers Council contend Posner erred in defending his decision. At issue is the judge’s refusal to disqualify himself because of past dealings with CBS. The filing took issue with Posner’s assertion that he served as a “witness”–not as an attorney for the web. Either scenario would warrant recusal, the petition said.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut