Gotham’s famed Madison Square Garden cut 34 staffers off its roster yesterday in all areas of the company from senior management on down, according to sources familiar with the Paramount Communications wing.The layoffs, confirmed by a company spokeswoman, are the latest in what has been a yearlong downsizing of the Garden’s employee population. Moreover, timing of the cuts is about the same as a year ago, when the company also cut 34 people. MSG employs an estimated 370 staffers. In general, the auditorium and arena business has been off in recent years.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut