Tribune Broadcasting is investing $19 million in WPHL, the Taft-owned indie in Philadelphia, the first step toward acquiring a controlling interest in the station. This gives Tribune a foothold in the fourth largest market. Its six other indies cover some 19% of TV households. Dudley S. Taft will continue to operate the station with the existing management, staff and talent.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Cinelease Inc., Atlanta , Georgia
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, Brooklyn, New York
- Sirius XM Radio, California