Tribune Broadcasting is investing $19 million in WPHL, the Taft-owned indie in Philadelphia, the first step toward acquiring a controlling interest in the station. This gives Tribune a foothold in the fourth largest market. Its six other indies cover some 19% of TV households. Dudley S. Taft will continue to operate the station with the existing management, staff and talent.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California