After failing to pass a 2.0 share of listeners for the last 20 months with its struggling adult contemporary format on WFYR-FM, Summit Broadcasting has sold the station for $19 million to Major Broadcasting. Summit bought WFYR for $21 million in June 1989. It was tied for 21st place with a 1.4 share in the last Arbitron survey.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut