SportsChannel America has inked a five-year affiliation deal with Newhouse Broadcasting, representing an additional 82,875 potential subscribers to the service with further rollouts expected. Newhouse will immediately launch SCA as a standalone service on systems serving 82,875, including more than 60,000 subs in the Detroit area. The new agreement comes as part of SportsChannel’s push to increase circulation through discount pricing for the service when purchased with other NBC/Cablevision services.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York