The FCC has upheld a $6,000 fine against Evergreen Media, owners of WLUP-AM, for “indecent” remarks made by afternoon drivers Steve Dahl and Garry Meier in three broadcasts between 1987 and 1989. The commission was not swayed by Evergreen’s argument that the indecency ruling was “arbitrary, capricious and contrary to law.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California