The FCC has upheld a $6,000 fine against Evergreen Media, owners of WLUP-AM, for “indecent” remarks made by afternoon drivers Steve Dahl and Garry Meier in three broadcasts between 1987 and 1989. The commission was not swayed by Evergreen’s argument that the indecency ruling was “arbitrary, capricious and contrary to law.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania