Eighteenth-ranked contemporary hit station WYTZ-FM, in an attempt to cut its third-ranked competitor, CBS’ WBBM-FM, down to size, has hired controversial radio consultant Randy Michaels. Michaels is renowned for reversing the fortunes of Jacor Communication’s “Power Pig” WFLZ-FM by assaulting the competition on air. Michaels’ tactics are beginning to take hold at ABC’s WYTZ, which has been airing around-the-clock bilingual attacks (targeting WBBM’s Hispanic listeners), ridiculing WBBM’s music selection, programming style and program director, Dave Shakes.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut