Malrite’s WHK-AM and WMMS-FM have signed a three-year contract to broadcast the Cleveland Browns football games, ending a six-year linkage with Booth American’s WWE-AM, one of three other losing bidders. The new setup is expected to create a network for 40 other Brown-carrying stations and also ends the conflict caused by WWE’s carrying Cleveland Indians baseball games during Browns’ grid titles. Financial details and sportscasting announcers were not disclosed.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California