California has become the first state to provide live, satellite-fed, gavel-to-gavel coverage of its state assembly. The Cal-SPAN service, patterned after C-SPAN, was introed last week with 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. coverage of assembly floor sessions and committee meetings. The coverage is the first step toward the creation of a fulltime satellite-fed pubaffairs tv service devoted only to California issues.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York