Blockbuster Entertainment announced that chairman/CEO H. Wayne Huizenga financed his initial efforts to obtain a Major League Baseball expansion team for South Florida by selling certain warrants to acquire shares of Blockbuster common stock. Huizenga is the sole stockholder of South Florida Big League Baseball Inc., which is on the “short list” of candidates for an expansion team.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California