Blockbuster Entertainment announced that chairman/CEO H. Wayne Huizenga financed his initial efforts to obtain a Major League Baseball expansion team for South Florida by selling certain warrants to acquire shares of Blockbuster common stock. Huizenga is the sole stockholder of South Florida Big League Baseball Inc., which is on the “short list” of candidates for an expansion team.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania