It’s become trendy for columnists to pronounce Alec Baldwin’s career over because he’s been trashing Disney and the Hollywood establishment. But as long as he doesn’t start on Paramount, Baldwin still has a deal to do two sequels to the big-moneymaker “The Hunt For Red October,” at about $4 million per. As for his comments, it’s hardly a bulletin that Disney can be corporately uptight and very controlling of its movies. And since when do journalists chide celebs for making controversial copy? Perhaps they’re so used to the fawning, superficial soundbites that come from most movie-promoting stars, they get upset when someone actually has the guts to speak his mind.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California