The widow of pop singer Del Shannon filed suit against Eli Lilly & Co., claiming Prozac, an antidepressant drug made by the pharmaceutical company, led to her husband’s suicide last year. The Superior Court suit filed by LeAnne Westover contends that the company failed to warn the public and the medical community about Prozac’s side effects, alleging the drug can cause suicidal and violent behavior. The suit, filed Jan. 25, seeks unspecified punitive damages.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California