The widow of pop singer Del Shannon filed suit against Eli Lilly & Co., claiming Prozac, an antidepressant drug made by the pharmaceutical company, led to her husband’s suicide last year. The Superior Court suit filed by LeAnne Westover contends that the company failed to warn the public and the medical community about Prozac’s side effects, alleging the drug can cause suicidal and violent behavior. The suit, filed Jan. 25, seeks unspecified punitive damages.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California