The Vatican has steadfastly refused to comment on the historical events and characters in Francis Coppola’s “Godfather III,” which weaves the mob and Vatican together. But the Catholic daily Avvenire caught the film at the Berlin festival, and gave it a sinful drubbing. The critic called the pic “sick at heart. Corleone begins to think about his soul, amid Vatican banks, false friends, executions, heart attacks, cardinal-confidantes and popes whose tea is poisoned. But Coppola’s inventivity in pulling all these thread together is meager.” UIP releases the pic in Italy on March 8.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut