Bruce Gordon, head of Paramount TV Intl. and an Aussie broadcaster, has just upped his personal holdings in the Kerry Packer-owned Nine Network Down Under. And he has notified the stock exchange in Sydney that he’s privatizing his regional mini-web of three stations – all Nine affils – by buying out minority shareholders. Industry observers in Australia reckon Gordon may be positioning himself to take control of Nine, if and when Packer makes a move for the rival Seven web (still in receivership). Although Paramount was a member of a consortium to buy Nine two years ago, Buzz hears Gordon’s acting alone.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California