Citing her objections to the music industry’s focus on “false and destructive materialistic values,” Sinead O’Connor withdrew from the 33rd annual Grammy Awards, set for Feb. 20 in New York. Nominated in four categories including record of the year, O’Connor also said she would not accept an award if she should win. A Feb. 1 letter sent to the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences detailed O’Connor’s objections to the Grammys and other awards programs.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut