Despite making his directorial debut with “Book of Love,” New Line Cinema head Bob Shaye isn’t bent on becoming his company’s hot new lenser. “I came into the business 23 years ago to direct, but discovered the real way to achieve independence was distribution, and I got caught up in that,” Shaye said at the New York premiere at Loews 19th St. East. Directing was always in the back of his mind. “It takes a lot of time to run New Line, though. But if it’s the right material, and the right time frame, I could probably be convinced [to direct another].”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California