Tom Viertel and Steve Baruch, theatrical producers of “Driving Miss Daisy” and “Frankie And Johnny In The Clair De Lune,” are going Hollywood. Scriptwriter Paul Hapenny said he’s teaming with the duo and attorney Miguel Valenti to develop screen properties for the majors. According to Hapenny, the quartet will be meeting with studio execs this week on several projects. Viertel and Baruch watched “Driving” get made into an Oscar winner and are seeing “Frankie And Johnny” made into a Paramount pic with Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer. Now, they will be able to keep hands-on involvement in future screen adaptations of their theatrical properties.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania