The Buzz at Disney is that “Billy Bathgate,” the $45 million Dustin Hoffman epic, may get shoved off until fall, thanks to reshoots. Meanwhile, Disney seems about to give up on another project, “Evita,” which was once tabbed as a Madonna vehicle. Disney still likes Madonna, but didn’t care for the Evita budget. Madonna has had a series of setbacks in trying to translate her musical following into a movie vehicle.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California