Germany’s two national public broadcasters, ARD and ZDF, got lambasted by the print media for their coverage of the Gulf War. Both stations signed quick one-year deals with CNN Intl., with each paying $175,000. Germany’s commercial broadcasters, SAT1, RTL Plus, and Tele 5, all have longterm agreements with CNN to avoid the high costs of setting up their own network of correspondents. The ARD and ZDF deals give them unlimited use of CNN coverage. Buzz hears deals had been in the works for awhile, but the pubcasters hesitated because CNN wanted access to their newscasts for its own European service, and it could then have been broadcast by ARD and ZDF’s commercial rivals.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut