After much debate, the British government is expected to announce this week restrictions on British broadcasters owning indie production companies and vice versa. These will apply to the next round of ITV franchise holders, for which bids are currently being invited. The betting is that in both cases, the maximum cross shareholding permitted will be 20%. That would force Carlton Communications, a bidder for one of the London franchises, and Paramount TV to water down their 51%/49% stake in Zenith Prods.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut