Francis Coppola, whose use of family members in his films is well documented, may be taking the concept one step further. In “Girl Under Glass,” Coppola not only plans to write and direct, he’s also leaning toward playing the lead male role. The story sounds like a hellish version of “Pretty Woman” – a married college professor falls in love with a prostitute. Even though she is charging him for every minute they spend together, he mistakes her devotion for mutual love, and responds in violent fashion upon realizing he’s been used. It would be Coppola’s first featured role. A spokesman would only say that Coppola is writing it.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania