Francis Coppola, whose use of family members in his films is well documented, may be taking the concept one step further. In “Girl Under Glass,” Coppola not only plans to write and direct, he’s also leaning toward playing the lead male role. The story sounds like a hellish version of “Pretty Woman” – a married college professor falls in love with a prostitute. Even though she is charging him for every minute they spend together, he mistakes her devotion for mutual love, and responds in violent fashion upon realizing he’s been used. It would be Coppola’s first featured role. A spokesman would only say that Coppola is writing it.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California