Francis Coppola, whose use of family members in his films is well documented, may be taking the concept one step further. In “Girl Under Glass,” Coppola not only plans to write and direct, he’s also leaning toward playing the lead male role. The story sounds like a hellish version of “Pretty Woman” – a married college professor falls in love with a prostitute. Even though she is charging him for every minute they spend together, he mistakes her devotion for mutual love, and responds in violent fashion upon realizing he’s been used. It would be Coppola’s first featured role. A spokesman would only say that Coppola is writing it.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York