American Video Entertainment filed suit in San Francisco Federal Court against Nintendo of America Inc. and parent, Nintendo of Japan, alleging violation of U.S. antitrust laws. The suit claims Nintendo ran afoul of the law by using a lockout system on its videogame consoles that prevents unauthorized software from being played on them.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania